Picking an unusual location for your wedding ceremony and/or reception can be a great way to keep your wedding budget in check, ESPECIALLY in NJ, where there are so many cool places to pick from. Here's a list of my faves.
1. Museums (try the Museum of Morris and the Montclair Art Museum)
2. Parks (google any of the counties' park systems for lots of ideas)
3. Arboretums (our fave? Frelinghuysen, in Morris county.)
4. Summer camps (Lake Hird Spa is wonderful, as is Camp_ Rickabear)
5. Theatres and music venues (Hunterdon Hills Playhouse, in Hampton!)
7. College spaces (The Ramapo College Spiritual Center is beautiful!
(as are the spaces at Kean College and Rutgers.)
8. Chapels (The Chapel at Shepherd's Lake in Ringwood)
9. Historic sites (our go-to is Lambert Castle in Paterson. Gorgeous!)
11. Barns (This photo is from Jack's Barn in Oxford. Try Maskers Barn too)
Now, go explore and find the perfect space for your celebration in NJ!